Need Help With A DownPayment?
What Is The Alaska Native and American Indian Down Payment Assistance Grant?
In partnership with First Nations Oweesta Corporation and the Wells Fargo Housing Foundation, Cook Inlet Lending Center is administering a Down Payment Assistance Grant Program for Alaska Natives and American Indians. The goal of this grant is to assist Alaska Native/American Indian families achieve home ownership with the provision of down payment assistance grants of up to $5,000 per family. It is Cook Inlet Lending Center's goal to provide these funds to eligible Alaska Native/American Indian home buyers on a statewide scale not limited to any specific region.
Am I Eligible?
- Must be enrolled in a federally recognized tribe
- Alaska Native/American Indian (ANAI)
- Not restricted to first time homebuyers
- Eligible ANAI borrowers whose income is equal to or less than 80% of Area Median Income
- Owner Occupied principal residence only
ANAI DPA Income Limits
The income limits are posted and will become effective for all applications received beginning on or after April 13, 2019. Applications and income eligibilities that have already been issued are not affected by this change. Moving forward from April 13th, the Cook Inlet Lending Center will follow the new income guidelines posted below. Income limits are subject to change.
What Documents are Required?
Download and complete application here
Submit the following required documentation for all adults (18+) in household to Cook Inlet Lending Center with your application:
- SSN card
- Tribal enrollment certificate/card
- Preapproval letter from your first mortgage lender
- Two years tax returns/profit & loss statements
- W-2’s and 1099’s as applicable
- One month of current paystubs
- Two months of bank statements
- Current retirement statement (if applicable)
After all documents are collected, submit documents with your DPA application completed/signed and dated in person, by mail, email or fax to CILC:
Cook Inlet Lending Center
3600 Spenard Road Suite 100
Anchorage, AK 99503
Fax: 907-793-3079 Attention: ANAI DPA Coordinator